Today I was working on something that is going to go in the favor boxes at Little's party.
I have kind of gone with what I can find in ladybug shapes, and tried to figure out what I can do with them. So while I was out at Joanns the other day I found these wood pink ladybugs with funky green spots. I thought they were pretty ugly...but I figured I could do something with them.
Here is what I did...
First, I used black gloss puff paints to RE-paint all of the green spots.
Then, I tried to figure out a way to have them hang on the wall...I wanted ONE piece of ribbon to be the barrette holder and the wall hanging...does that make sense?????
so I took my ribbon, cut it long (I would guess about 20 inches), and put an eyelet through it, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches down.
Then I looped the ribbon over keeping the eyelet near the top (so as to hang it on a nail) and used a standard stapler to hold it down. **the stapling took patience...they didn't always want to go through the wood. **(I did try hot glue, but on my test one...it tended to easily lift, so I figured in time of taking barrettes off and putting them on, that it would just fall apart....which I didn't want.)**
Then at the bottom, as an anchor weight, I put on a wood bead that I spray painted pink,
and tied a knot to keep it in place.
Finally, on the back, I wrote a thank you message and the date, to each of her friends, and added 6 barrettes per holder.
I love how they came out!