Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Low-fat Ranch dressing recipe

Here is a Tastey Tuesday Recipe

I really like to make my own dressing.
I like knowing what is in the food I eat...especially when I KNOW I can make it healthier then any company claims to make it.

So, I am ALWAYS on the lookout for ranch and honey mustard recipes that are "better-for-you" varieties.
We eat salad almost every single night...soooo these are a must!

This is the best ranch I have made. I have another close second....but this one is really good.
To me, who makes my own most all of the time...it is SO hard to tell it is low-fat.

Doesn't it just look so YUM?????
didn't catch it?
Oh.
OK...
Look again!

**********************************************
Anyway....here is the recipe...
(another fun thing we love to do on a night that we are having a BBQ type dinner, is to add 2 TBS BBQ sauce to the mix. YUM, again!)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup low-fat mayonaise
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp chopped fresh chives
2 tsp chopped fresh dill
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1 TBS vinegar or lemon juice
(I also added 1 clove fresh garlic...this adds a kick but is oh so yummy!)

Whisk together the buttermilk, mayo and sour cream. Stir in the rest of the ingredients very well, until completely incorporated.
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving!
*(adapted from allrecipes.com)*

Raelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment